Are you planning to renovate your home soon? Here is the energy efficient checklist for renovation.
Are you planning to renovate your home soon? Here is the energy efficient checklist for renovation.
Interior designing is defined as the process of presenting yourself with a smarter and more visually appealing living/working place. Colors and finishes are the visual cues that you can judge when you get to see it, but thinking of it from scratch can be a difficult job. Consequently, it is usual for clients to get confused about the ways to turn their ideas for flooring, bedroom walls and kitchens into functional designs.
Usually, the process begins with several consultations with interior designers.
However, there are two basic things that need to be addressed to find a solution.
The first step is to browse through the images that look good and find a common visual thread that’s constantly appealing. This common denominator might be a lot of whites or contrastingly, very bright and dark colors. It could also be about the lighting or the contrasting texture that the furniture or the carpentry has.
Once the visual threads have been identified, the next step would be to create a visual theme around the cues. This is where you can put in your ideas rather than copying something from the internet that has charmed you.
Thinking about ideas for integrating the visual cues is also the part where you can create interiors that have a unique style and this is where you will need on to the second step.
Start by choosing a photograph that you have liked and want a similar kind of bedroom or kitchen for yourself. Get deeper to identify the kind of colors used, the surface of the finishes and other things.
At the end of the process, you will have a list of colors and materials that you can start working with and this will give rise to your master template.
The “master plan” will be utilizing all the finishes and colors that you have identified from the photograph. The trick here is to be choosy and not consider all the colors and finishes you see in the photograph.
To make it simpler, let’s consider that your ideal room is the kitchen and will need to integrate the colors, a, b, c and d. Moving on to the next, let’s say the bathroom, you will be using some of the colors you had used in the kitchen (say b and d) but also bring in new ones, say, color e and f. this is how you create a visual link between the rooms while making them different in appeal and overall finish.
This flow of colors needs to be maintained throughout to arrive at a smooth interior designing.
With interior designing, the choices you have are really endless. However, the only disadvantage is that you will never be able to judge your selections until they are physically in place and by that time; it might already be late for changes.
Thanks to technology however, we have digital rendition, photography, color visualizes, and designers who will be able to understand your idea and give them a digital form.
Your home can be in place virtually even before the actual construction has started! This gives you a lot of opportunity to experiment and change things if necessary. All put together in the end, you have a space that you can really call your own!
By Alec Wood, Marketing Manager at ARS Ltd.
An effective use of colours on the interior and exterior of your house can increase its overall value. Here with this infographic, created by ARS Ltd, we are sharing 9 amazing benefits of painting your house.
Owning your own home has a very special feeling. After a long day at work, when you return to your own home, it is the best and the most relaxing feeling. But just owning a home is not enough. It is important that the house is properly maintained and taken care of so that it remains in the best condition for ever. Many of us think of maintenance as refurbishment, but it is not so. Maintenance is regular checkup and care of things so that they remain functional. In fact with due maintenance smallest of the problems are located in the initial stages and repairing them is cost-saving as well as time saving.
Mentioned below are 15 DIY home maintenance tips, which are easy and simple and can be done by all:
1. Take time to clean the oven at regular intervals. Though it is a time taking process, the time investment is worth it from all aspects.
2. The condenser coils right at the back of the refrigerator need vacuuming at an interval of about 4 months. It helps in doing away with the dirt and dust accumulation.
3. Check for extension cords in the house which are worn with regular use. Replace them with fresh cords to avoid serious electrical accidents.
4. Make sure that the furnace filters are replaced seasonably. Clogged furnace filters will hamper the performance of the furnace when needed.
5. Check the battery status of the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in the house. If they show low battery, replace them immediately to be sure that they function in case of emergencies.
6. If your front door is made of natural wood, make sure that you polish it well to retain the shine and texture. If it is painted, surface-wash the same.
7. Cleaning the coffeemaker is important from time to time. It will take only 10 minutes in the process. White vinegar and water can be used for cleaning the coffeemaker thoroughly.
8. The air filters, grille and register of the air conditioner need to be cleaned so that there is no dust or dirt accumulation in them. Cleaning the filters will help in bringing fresh air in the room.
9. Keep a check on the water heater in the bathroom. If you find even small amount of leakage, take care of it immediately for preventing further damage. Rust also develops on these appliances.
10. Check the electrical connections in all the rooms. In every home, there are switches that don’t work, cords that are loose or electric points that are not working.
11. Check the insulation in the doors and the windows particularly if you stay in cold areas. Glass repair work might be needed in case of glass breakage in the window or door.
12. The garage door safety check is important. This door is outside and faces the brunt of nature directly. It is important to check that the door is strong and functions well.
13. The power back up system in the house should also be checked so that it can be used during emergency situations without any hiccups.
14. Clean the kitchen chimney at regular intervals. The chimney attracts all the oiliness and vapors and tends to get clogged if not cleaned and serviced at regular intervals.
15. The plumbing system in the house should also be checked from time to time to detect any kind of leakage or wear and tear.
There are compelling reasons normally for people to opt for building repair and refurbishment, especially in the case of commercial buildings. Growth of business necessitating more space; change of the lay-out and organizing use of the available space; giving a face-lift to the old and worn-out fixtures and fittings; adding attractions by trendy gimmicks in sophistication; giving a whole new look to your business through the premises in which it is run etc. are some of the most prevalent reasons. Whatever it is, if you act smart you can achieve a heart-rending total renovation of your commercial building, at a gleefully satisfying cost.
What is the first step for carrying out amicable building refurbishment project?
First and foremost is making a firm decision, as what is required to be done. There cannot be any wavering in this, as confusion will lead to delay and rework involving wastage of time and money. So it is ideal to prepare a mental plan and write it down on a sheet, as roughly what parts of the building need repair, rehabilitation or complete replacement. You need not worry much about this to come as a perfect plan, as this is only a base and you can modify the same to excellence, through experts later.
How to use others’ experience and expertise to your advantage?
As far as building repair and refurbishment is concerned, this is a ticklish assignment that only experts in the field can undertake and complete successfully. The main drawback is when compared to new construction, repairs and renovation work lacks the freedom available in the former. Painstakingly the professional craftsmen must follow the original plan of the building, in not deviating or degrading the total outlook of the building, and if anything they are to enhance the beauty vastly by working tactfully.
There are expert professionals available online, who by nature of their profession take up assignments of building repair, rehabilitation and renovation, day in and day out. With the vast potential of experience gained over the years, in refurbishing old commercial and prestigious structures of importance in UK, they are in good stead to take up and complete your project as well.
During their regular projects involving Ceiling restoration; Glass Repair; Shop front spraying; Industrial spray paintings; replacement of structures, installations and fittings or carrying out entire Refurbishment of the building, to make it look as if newly constructed in the case of buildings of sizes small, medium and big, their exposure is very wide. You can make use of their expertise effortlessly as yours, if you approach them with a request for consultation and guidance.
Which factors will help you in reducing the cost of your Refurbishment Project?
In accordance with the rough-sheet you have prepared, as what are all the anticipated works involved, you can ask the experts as how best they can be accomplished. By frequent usage of assorted materials available in the market, particularly for cost-effective building renovation without compromising on quality, these professionals can guide you in the right way, to buy the quality materials saving huge costs. Another factor in your favour is these professionals know as to what is the latest and trendy strategy, in reducing renovation cost considerably.
As such, looking from any angle, you stand to gain by enlisting the services of Refurbishment experts by clicking http://www.arsltd.co.uk/ and happily get your commercial building refurbished, saving cost enormously.